Monday, February 1, 2010

21 : Sanctuary

Life is beautiful

We love until we die

When you run into my arms,
We steal a perfect moment,
Let the monsters see you smile,
Let them see you smilling.

Do I hold you tightly?
When will the hurt kick in?

Life is beautiful, but it's complicated.
We barely make it.
We don't need to understand.
There are miracles, miracles.

Yeah, life is beautiful.
Our hearts, they beat and break.

When will you run away from harm.
Will you run back into my arms.
Like you did when you were young?
Will you come back to me?

I will hold you tightly
When the hurting kicks in.


- I picture my dad, my mum, saying these words to me. Because they wouldn't want to see me getting hurted. Not in any way possible. They want me to see that life is beautiful, and when I'm feeling down, they're going to hold me tight and make me feel safe.

Abah, I let you down. I neglected the reason I was here in the first place, which is to study hard and make our family proud. I will not let anyone bring me down anymore. Because you taught me well the meaning of patience, the meaning of sacrifice, the meaning of hardships. I promise I will make you proud and I will take care of mak, kakak, and lukey. Mak, you said challenges in life are to make us better, not bitter. How I wish I were as strong as you. You make everything seem doable in life even when the impossible occurs. But I have your strong will inside of me. And I won't let it fade, instead I will make it shine.

I will make this right again, I will try my very best to focus on my studies. But I can't do this alone. God, please give me strength so that I can endeavor this bumpy road. It may seem that my problem is so small, but my heart is bruised. Let it heal, please.



CherryBee

No comments:

Post a Comment